Thursday, May 16, 2013

Summer Goals

I really love summer.  My husband is in education, so he gets a significant and well deserved break during the summer.  This means more family time and more time for me to get some extra special projects done.

In addition to some exciting travel and missions opportunities we have planned for the summer and some household projects I'll have more time for I have some arts and crafts goals, as well.

1. Homemade Christmas 

Continue with my Homemade Christmas plans to make more items to be given away at Christmastime.  I am working on making these items every month, so that I won't be overwhelmed with how many people are on my Christmas list come November.

2. Begin to Learn to Crochet

I don't expect masterpiece skill level by September, but I would like to get the ball rolling in that direction.  I have always wanted to learn to crochet, and I happen to have some really cute yarn waiting for me to bring it to life.  I have a curriculum style program I picked up at a homeschool conference that I will be using for this.  It's called "Sew Teach Me."

3. Make Some Maxi Skirts

I have a hefty supply of fabric that I have acquired over the last few years or more.  One thing I would love to make with it are some cute, trendy, and feminine maxi skirts.  I love a good long skirt, so I have been collecting ideas, tutorials, and technique tips to do this.

4. Paint Big Blank Canvas in Dining Room

I got a great deal on a huge canvas about a month ago, and I put it up on the wall where I want it in our dining room.  I have some ideas, but haven't taken the plunge yet on completing it.  I really want this to be a great piece that represents our family, so I look forward to this project!

5. Paint Party!

I have recently noticed that there are several ladies at my church who paint and are great artists!  I would love to organize a fun get-together for us to paint and inspire each other while being refreshed and encouraged.  Wouldn't that be so fun?

What are your summer arts and crafts goals?  Check out our boards on Pinterest for some great inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment