Saturday, December 28, 2013

Homemade Christmas: Ojo de Dios

This year in our homeschooling we went through Level 1 of La Clase Divertida.  We loved it and are looking forward to Level 2 once we get back to school in January.

One of the crafts we did together during Level 1 was the Ojo de Dios, or Eye of God.  This is a traditional Mexican craft that is also a part of the cultures of other Latin American countries.  One of my children had the great idea to incorporate this craft into our homemade Christmas plans.  As a result, she and I made about 40 of these!  It was fun, and we gave them to family and friends and also to our neighbors with the description and history of the Ojo de Dios and this verse:

" I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go.  I will counsel you with My eye upon you." (Psalm 32:8 ESV)

We also decided to give one of my nephews a kit to make his own Ojo de Dios with a completed one for him to have and a link to this video I made to show him how to do it.


By the way, it was pretty awesome how we got the supplies together for this craft.  We had a whole bag of these cake pop/popsicle sticks already, and the yarn was given to me by a friend recently after I had been looking for multi-colored yarn at a few craft stores nearby.  Thanks, God!  It came together quite nicely.

Enjoy making you Ojo de Dios, and don't forget to share them with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment