Monday, January 6, 2014

The Lion of Judah

I finally did it.  That big, blank canvas in our dining room that I mentioned a while ago has now been painted!  It took me so long to decide what I wanted to do on it.  I toyed with so many ideas, but one day I thought of a regal, kingly lion, and that seemed right.

So here it is!



I had originally envisioned the lion to be much more regal and less cheerful, but this is what came out of me.  The more I look at that cheerfulness the more I like it.

I looked at a lot of photos and drawings and paintings of lions, and then I sketched it out on the canvas.  For me that was the easier part.  I was most nervous about actually painting it, but I had fun doing it.

Feels good to get a project done.  I'm thankful for this lion.

What projects have you been wanting to complete lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment